FIRE WARDEN REFRESHER
A 4-hour session covering refreshment of the knowledge and skills acquired related to the hazards present at your premises.
The staff employed in your premises with a special responsibility for fire safety, acting as Fire Wardens, who have attended the initial course.
To refresh the training of existing Fire Wardens in the basics of evacuation procedures and fire prevention and suppression, in order that they might reduce the possibility of fire and extinguish a small fire if one occurs.
· Identify the main causes of fire in the workplace.
· State the action to be taken to prevent fires.
· Recognise the correct extinguisher to use on different types of fire.
· Use an extinguisher correctly.
· Make an emergency call to the Fire & Rescue Service.
· Carry out a fire evacuation procedure in accordance with Company Policy.
· Advise other staff members of the danger of fire.
· Demonstrate an awareness of the up-to-date developments in the fire safety field.
· Causes of fire
· The physics of fire
· Fire prevention
· Getting the message across
· Methods of extinguishing small fires
· Identification of extinguishers
· Practical use of extinguishers
· Calling the Fire & Rescue Service and evacuating the premises
· Fire Drill procedures
A test will be set to confirm that the level of competence has been retained.
The Certificate awarded initially to those delegates who reached a satisfactory standard will be endorsed.
Telephone – 01743 446666
Fax – 01743 442448
E Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Web – http://www.hoistquip.co.uk/